Posted: July 2017
Position: Materials Engineer (intern/full-time)
NanoAl is seeking a highly motivated individual for an intern or full-time Materials Engineer position. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and the engineering team. The position requires planning and execution of R&D projects, involving design, development and optimization of new aluminum alloys for specific applications. The work includes scientifically designing alloy composition and heat treatments, fabricating and characterizing prototype materials utilizing advanced instruments, helping scale-up process of the developed materials at manufacturing plants, helping qualification process of the new products in the target application space.
Successful candidate’s background will include:
- A MS/BS degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of phase diagrams, solid-state kinetics, metallic alloys, heat treatments, basic metallurgy and process capabilities.
- Experience in mechanical testing including tensile testing, hardness and creep. Experience in materials characterization using advanced characterization tools such as SEM, EDS and TEM.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills; ability to write logical, structured, and persuasive reports of the experiments and investigations.
- Ability to maintain productivity in fast-paced research activities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to effectively troubleshoot based on limited information and experience.
Compensation package includes a combination of salary, bonus and benefits.
To apply please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NanoAl provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NanoAl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.